This Low Carb Chicken Divan is simply divine! This comforting casserole has a creamy sauce made with chicken, broccoli, cheddar cheese and cauliflower rice. You won’t even miss the extra carbs.
If you are following the keto diet or a low carb diet, you need to try this recipe
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups cauliflower rice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups broccoli, steamed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onion is softened. Stir in garlic salt. Add in cauliflower rice.
- Cook until cauliflower is softened. Stir in chicken broth and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and lemon juice. Reduce heat to medium low. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in mayonnaise and remove from heat.
- Add half of chicken into cauliflower mixture. Spread the other half of the chicken on the bottom of an 8x8 casserole dish. Add broccoli. Top with cauliflower mixture. Cover with cheddar cheese. Cover casserole and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.