This recipe is great anytime! I take is to family dinners and I fix it in the mornings to take to work for breakfast.
This yummy chocolate cobbler is a snap to make and even easier to eat. You get all the gooey deliciousness of a molten cake without all the fuss... Now THAT's sweet! Great for a pot luck or when you're looking for an easy dessert recipe.
- 2 stick butter
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 1 1/2 c self-rising flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 c milk
- 1 c sugar
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 c boiling water
- Preheat oven to 350. In a 9x13 glass baking dish, melt the two sticks of butter in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together the 1 1/4 cups of sugar, flour, vanilla, and milk.
- Once the butter is melted, pour the batter over the butter, but do not stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cocoa and remaining sugar.
- Sprinkle cocoa/sugar mixture on top of batter. Do not stir.
- Pour the 2 cups of boiling water on top of that (don't stir).
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. I bake mine until I have a nice golden brown crust.
- Serve warm. Great with ice cream.