Oven baked shrimp topped with flavourful golden and buttery, garlic parmesan breadcrumbs. This Crispy Baked Shrimp Scampi is easy to make with a fancy restaurant flair right at home, and takes only minutes to prepare!
So easy to make, you won’t believe the flavours coming out of your skillet OR dish when it’s done! Simplicity seems to be my middle name lately. Especially since time is becoming more of a luxury right now in my life, and something I’m always running out of.
Sitting here on a hotel balcony staring at the ocean in a turtleneck and sweatpants, I WISH I could pull this skillet right through my screen and enjoy it again… and again… and again. How fitting it is to be beachfront with a glass of rosé, writing up a post about shrimp. It does not get any better.
- 1 kg (2 pounds) shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails on or off
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine (optional — sub with extra lemon juice or chicken stock
- 1 brown shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup melted butter, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or more, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley leaves
- Lemon wedges to serve
- Heat oven to 220°C | 425º F. In a well-seasoned oven-proof skillet or baking dish, combine the shrimp, lemon juice, white wine, shallots, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Mix well until the shrimp are evenly coated
- OPTIONAL: Starting from the outer edge of your skillet or dish, arrange the shrimp in a single layer towards the centre of the pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining melted butter, bread crumbs, garlic, parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the chopped parsley; mix well.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mixture over the shrimp and bake for 12 minutes, or until hot and bubbling, and the shrimp are ‘just’ cooked through. Change oven settings to broil or grill for a further minute or so, until the top is crispy and golden.
- Garnish with remaining parsley, squeeze over a drizzle of lemon juice and serve with lemon wedges.