I needed something quick and portable for school mornings. So I came up with this casserole! It holds together well, so I called it a bar😊
You can make these ahead and warm up through the week! They are so tasty!
Grain free, gluten free, it fits in anyone’s breakfast, keto or not!
- 1 lb breakfast sausage browned and drained (can use mild or hot)
- 4 1/2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp full fat sour cream
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups shredded monterrey jack cheese
- 1/3 c heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 9 X 13 casserole dish. Melt butter in pan while preheating to save time.
- Whisk all together except for butter.
- After combined, THEN add in melted butter.
- Stir in drained browned sausage and 1 cup shredded cheese.
- Stir until combined then pour batter in the greased casserole dish. Spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes until it starts to brown a little around the edges.
- Add remaining 1 cup of cheese on top. Bake 5 more minutes to finish!
- Will keep easily in the fridge up to 5 days!