Scrambled eggs, cheese and sausage links rolled and baked inside a corn tortilla. These Egg and Sausage Breakfast Taquitos are simple and delicious!
- 7 ounce box fully cooked sausage links
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, your favorite kind
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, chopped (optional)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 10 white corn tortillas, or use 6'' flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add the frozen sausage links to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through.
- Remove to a plate, leaving a little bit of the sausage grease in the pan.
- Crack eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk well with a fork and then add to the pan.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, tossing and scrambling as they cook. (If using spinach, add it to the pan about 2 minutes before the eggs are done cooking.) Remove from heat.
- Warm the tortillas on a hot skillet or griddle for a few seconds until they are pliable.
- Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese.
- Place a sausage link on top. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
- Next time try French Toast Sausage Roll Ups.
- To Freeze: Prepare and bake the taquitos as directed. Allow to cool completely and then place in a freezer ziplock bag. When ready to eat, microwave them until warm.