This Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables is an easy and healthy meal that's perfect for a busy weeknight!
You’ll Need:For the sauce:
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
For the stir fry:
- 1 1/4 lbs chicken breast cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper cut into1-inch pieces
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- Place the soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, honey, brown sugar and sesame oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn up the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of cold water until dissolved. Add the cornstarch mixture to the sauce and boil for 1-2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Set sauce aside.
For the stir fry:
- Heat 1 teaspoon vegetable oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and red peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the vegetables have started to brown and soften. Add 2 tablespoons of water and cook, until water has evaporated. When your vegetables are crisp & tender, remove them from the pan and set aside; cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan. Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan over high heat.
- Place half of the chicken in the pan and season generously with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set the first batch of chicken aside and repeat the process with the rest of the chicken.
- Add all of the chicken and vegetables back to the pan. Pour the sauce over the top and cook for 2-3 minutes over medium-high heat until warmed through.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.