This An EASY cake recipe filled with crushed pineapple and topped with a warm coconut pecan glaze.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 15 oz. can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (8 tbsp) butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, stir flour, 1½ cups sugar, and baking soda.
- Add pineapple and eggs and stir well to combine.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Begin icing once you remove cake from oven by heating butter, sugar, and milk to a boil. Stir often.
- Add vanilla, coconut, and pecans. Boil for about 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Pour over warm cake. Allow cake to cool for about 30 minutes to an hour before serving.