Quick and easy BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN recipe, made with simple ingredients. This Chinese black pepper chicken is a one pot dinner idea and 30 minute meal.
- 4 tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Onions Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Garlic Finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce Low sodium
- 1 tbsp Oyster sauce Optional
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Black pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red chili flakes Optional
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 tbsp Water or Chicken broth
- 1 lb Chicken breast Cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 Green Pepper Thinly sliced
- Salt To taste
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add onion, ginger garlic and saute until golden brown.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce (optional), vinegar, black pepper, red chili flakes, cornstarch and water. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the chicken.
- Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Uncover and cook on medium high heat so as to reduce the liquid a bit.
- Add the green peppers and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Serve with rice and enjoy!
Notes:Here are some TIPS for making simple Chinese black pepper chicken:
- Use a non-stick pan or a non-stick wok to PREVENT burning and ingredients sticking to pan.
- If you are fond of vegetables, add some FRESH broccoli or celery to this recipe towards the end and cook for about 3-4 minutes. DON’T cook for too long or you will end up with soft and limp veggies.
- I highly RECOMMEND sesame oil since it adds a lot of flavor to the recipe but olive oil, corn oil or canola oil can be used too.
- You can use the ingredients in this recipe to marinate chicken wings and thighs and make black pepper grilled chicken.
- ADJUST the amount of black pepper and red chili flakes, based on your taste preference.
- DON’T cook for too long and reduce all the water since that will dry up the chicken. You want to have some gravy covering the chicken and keeping it moist.
- Leftovers can be stored in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.